Monday, October 1

Lining Up For Take Off

September ended in a pretty good fashion. The celebration for the Daughter's 21st birthday seemed to stretch on for three days. We did the dinner out on Thursday, She & I went out on Friday, wrapping things up Saturday with a lunch that RM & PT invited us to attend. Not too shabby! Of Course, this weekend the Wife had some continuing education course that was two days long, so I was stuck having to watch the boys all weekend. At least I only have to do that every once in awhile. The Daughter is back in Tucson now, and has a week of classes before starting her first round of clinicals at the VA.

Now that school has been back in session for almost two months, band activities for the oldest son have picked up. He has the Friday football games to attend (even the away games) all month and 3 out of 4 Saturdays are show days - two of which I will miss. One is a wedding for a friend I am attending, so not even sure what we are going to do about that one (as far as arrangements to get him there and picked up after). Maybe once I get the times for his event we can ask RM & PT to help us out....

October brings us our next commercialized holiday, Halloween. If your towns are as bad as mine, you have been seeing decorations and costumes for Halloween since before Labor Day. I think the oldest son is not dressing up this year, as he is getting "too old" (though I am not 100% sure) I have no clue if the Wife has gotten costumes for the two younger boys. Knowing her, she won't think of it until 2 days before they need them.

I should get some things accomplished today. Notice I said should, not would. I have a bag of clothes to drop off at savers, and I need to get to a couple places to look for some new shorts for me. I am down to pretty much my last pair of denim shorts. The Savers store I go to does not have any my size, and though I am not back down to my high school waist size, I ain't totally all fat-boy sizes. Guess you would call it that "comfortably married and well-fed" size. Yeah, I know. I still need to get to the gym more than I have of late.

So, since I have so much to get done today, I am going to watch the rest of "Tombstone" before I make a decision of what to do first.

PeacE

No comments: