Tuesday, October 16

I Forgot ....

I truly dislike talking on the phone. Even if it is to family and friends. I just can't stand not having that face-to-face type contact, where you can glean so much more from body language, instead of just verbal intonations. I am sure many of us get those phone calls that really annoy us: telemarketers during supper (or just in general), the 'Robo-calls' where when you answer it, there is not one there - when the company is noting what times you answer the phone, so they can sell the list of times you tend to be more available. Let's not forget phone calls that come when you are sleeping, at the time you are supposed to be sleeping. Having kids, a parent dreads those calls. The Wife received a call this morning, that woke up half the house.

Thankfully, it wasn't an emergency, or death int he family, or other major crisis. It was her mom, calling to say she forgot to put the sandwich in my son's lunch pail yesterday, so he did not have one for when I took him to school this morning. True, it was a nice gesture, to let us know before we took him to school but I would have enjoyed the 15 minutes more of sleep before the alarm went off. Everyone hates getting a call like that, when your wake up fully awake thinking the worst thing has happened, and it was something minor but it takes a few minutes to calm yourself back down. UGH!

Stuman texted me yesterday to tell me he had the day off today and that he thought maybe we could get together for a bit. Tuesdays being my busy day, I told him I didn't know, but maybe midday I would have a couple hours. He mentioned that he was low on gas, so didn't want to go far, which to me means he is low on cash until payday, so I have no idea what he is thinking about doing. Even if we were to meet for lunch, that costs money, and I know it's tight enough here that I can't just buy him lunch either. Like him, I don't want to have to drive far either. I told him to call me later this morning and see what idea he was thinking. I don't know if I should look forward to it or not. I should be happy to get some time with my brother, outside of family being around, but we all have our problems, and I'm just tired of hearing about everyone else's. Heh, I guess that is just life though. RM would say that I should be happy someone would want to confide and share with me....(rolls eyes).

So, you can tell how excited I am about today. And it all started with that phone call. Sigh.

PeacE

No comments: