Wednesday, October 24

Random Blahs

The Wife and I did the Parent/Teacher thing last night for our two youngest. Sometimes I wonder why we waste our time going to them, since we get the same report (or have at least) since the first two were there. Grades are good, well behaved, wish more were like them. For parent, I guess that makes us feel good that we are raising our kids to be all that in public, I guess. When I was growing up, it was expected and required. It seems it is when they get older though, that is when the problems come around.

It's Wednesday, and as many of you know, basically is considered the half-way point of the week. And since I do things so half-assed around here, I basically have nothing going on so nothing to write about. So, today, for space filling, I'm just throwing out random things. As if you other bloggers don't do this from time to time - where do you think I got the idea?

The Wife's, Aunt's husband passed away yesterday. They were married the end of August this year, he fell ill, was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer about a month ago. Never knew he had it. Stage 4 = inoperable. That sucks. Married about 2 months and he's dead. Wonder if they had time to set up the life insurance policy.

Social Media is starting to piss me off. Facebook in particular. The past few months have been getting worse with the political rantings of seemingly everyone I connect with. If they aren't ranting about the other party lying, it's them trying to post facts about what is good about their candidate. I can "hide" the posts, but I would have to read each one, then hide it, or just hide ALL their posts (not just the political ones). I already voted people! Leave me alone! Nothing more I can do to change my feelings until the next election!

My pool league is tonight, and boy, do we suck. Got the score updates from the organizer this past weekend... seems we are in last place by about 33 games, with only about 12 weeks to go. Not a chance of getting out of that hole. I suck as a captain I guess. Oh well, I am sure I am not going to lose any sleep over it.

Welp, that's all I got for now. Mother Nature is calling me to the reading room.

PeacE

No comments: