Tuesday, May 22

Cleaning Off the Tag Mark

Okay, Redneck Scottsdale Princess tagged me with this meme, so I might as well get it out of the way. Besides, nothing else may come to my mind to post about...

1. Add a direct link to your post below the name of the person who tagged you.Include the city/state and country you’re in.

Nicole (Sydney, Australia)
velverse (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia)
LB (San Giovanni in Marignano, Italy)
Selba (Jakarta, Indonesia)
Olivia (London, England)
ML (Utah, United States)
Lotus (Toronto, Canada)
tanabata (Saitama, Japan)
Andi (Dallas [ish], Texas, United States)
Lulu (Chicago, Illinois, United States)
Chris (Boyne City, Michigan, United States)
AB (Cave Creek, Arizona, United States)
Johnny Yen (Chicago, Illinois, United States)
Bubs (Mt Prospect, Illinois, United States)
Mob (Midland, Texas United States)
Yas (Ahwatukee, Arizona USA)
RSP (Scottsdale, AZ USA)
Ralphd00d (Phoenix, AZ USA)

2. List out your top 5 favorite places to eat at your location.

3. Tag 5 other people (preferably from other countries/states) and let them know they’ve been tagged.

Since there were two others that did this before me, that live within the 20 miles of Phoenix, I am going to do this one a bit different. I am going to do the Poor Man's Favorite Restaurants - mostly 'cause I eats there more than I do the nice places.

1.)Lonestar Steakhouse - This place has one of the best steaks I have personally ever eaten. Kind of cowboy-ish as there is sawdust on the floor, so don't worry about getting messy. My fave is the 14 oz. Ribeye cooked up medium rare comes out just a purty pink on the inside and juicy to boot! Comes with hefty sized side of choice of potato, plus the dinner salad or soup. Beer or other adult beverages are available as they have a bar. Figure about $20-$25 a person when ya go.

2)Pappadeaux's - Whoa boy! We is talking Cajun seafood done right! It's been a little while since I last ate here, but the food is memorable! They have so many dishes I usually take about 10 minutes to pick one. While we wait, we have the fried alligator, or the fried calamari. I am a big gumbo fan, and have had all their styles of gumbo, and my favorite dish is the Shrimp Etouffee. They have steak for those they care not for the seafood. Prices run average $20-$30 a person, depending on your order and appetizers.

3) My Mother's - This place is by far one of the best restaurants I have been to in Phoenix. The food selection is just like Mom was making it in the kitchen. And tastes like it too! My favorites from here are the Lasagna, or the Pot Pie, or the meat loaf. MMM MMM Good! Prices are very reasonable.

4) Bill Johnson's Big Apple - This here is where ya want to take the boys for some family sized eating. Sawdust on the floors and everywhere you look you see cowboy memorabilia, and other antique-type stuff. Waitresses come by with a shooter on the hip and a big 'ol Texas grin when taking your order. I tend to go with the Meatloaf dinner that is Home Made. And talk about sides - you get corn, beans, biscuit, and salad/soup with your dinner. Nothing like that place in Texas, but they have the ol 24 oz'er there for $26 - if ya eats it all, and the sides, you get a T-shirt (comes in only one size - BIG!) that says "I ate the Big One at Bill Johnson's". I done got me 2 of dat there shirt. Prices are good that my family of 6 eats there under $100.

5) Garcia's - One of my places for Mexican-type food. The really good stuff you have to go south of the border for, but this place ain't too bad. For about $15 a person,you can feed up and still take home about 1/3 to 1/2 your meal. Well, the Wife and Daughter usually, but not me. I clean my plate like Momma taught me. I recommend the El Magnifco sampler platter. It comes with one of everything it seems - burro, chimi, enchilada, beans, rice, taco, etc etc.

Okay, there is my review for the Poor Man (like me). I don't generally tag anyone to do these things, so iffen ya wants to do this, feels free to cut/paste and proceed. Let me know if ya did it, I wouldn't mind reading it. Damn, I am hungry now...

PeacE

Update: It ain't no fun unless it keeps going, so I am tagging Tony, Brass Dragon and El Capitan.

No comments: