Wednesday, May 30

Hmmmm, Guess it'll keep going ....

Tom OQuinn has tagged me with a meme - however, I am not sure which one it is to be. His comment was I was tagged, see yesterday's post. Now, I know I have my 'head-up-the-ass' moments, but Tom, for the life of me, I have no idea which blog to look at for the meme. Sooooo, I read all the bloglist this morning, and saw no less than 3 different ones that had completed a meme. This one was prevalent, so I am guessing it is the right one. If not, send me a signal.

Musical Meme

1. Go to the Billboard #1 Hits listings ;

2. Pick the year you turned 18

3. Get nostalgic over the songs of the year;

4. Pick 5 songs and write something about how these songs affected you;

5. Pass it on to 5 more friends.

'The Living Years' - Mike & the Mechanics
You're correct. I am a sentimental old fool, as my wife says. This song when I first heard it, just made the tear factory go into overdrive. My dad had passed away four years prior, and the 2nd verse just always gets me to tearing up.

I wasn't there that morning
When my father passed away
I didn't get to tell him
All the things I had to say

I think I caught his spirit
Later that same year
I'm sure I heard his echo
In my baby's new born tears
I just wish I could have told him in the living years

'Right Here Waiting' - Richard Marx
I was a senior in high school when I turned 18. As it turned out, this was the theme song to the Senior Prom that year. Aside from that, who doesn't like a slow song to cuddle up to the girlfriend? The Wife and I were dating and of course, being seniors we were talking about going to separate colleges and whatnot. Teenage romances - what more can I say?

'We Didn't Start The Fire' - Billy Joel
This is a fun song. I thought it was cool how you get a bit of history lesson, plus culture changes all in one song. I remember recording it off the radio, and playing back the cassette over & over til I had the song memorized. Sitting here thinking about it, I can recall certain names/places/stuff from the song, but not remember the order of words. The video was very cool on MTV at the time too.

'Me So Horny' - 2 Live Crew
If you have heard of these guys, you would know this was like the rebellious-type song I would play around my parents ... until the realized what was being said. After that they took away both cassettes I had of this group. When my friends and I would leave campus for lunch, this song would be booming out the back of the Buick Skylark as loud as we could get it.

'Don't Know Much' - Linda Ronstadt & Aaron Neville
This is one of my Wife's favorite songs. In fact, she liked it so much, I went and bought the sheet music for it and taught myself to play it on the piano for a 'just because I love you' present. Of course, back then I was able to hit the higher pitch notes that Aaron Neville does. I rip my cords out trying it nowadays. The Wife always turns up the radio at home when this song happens to come on, and of course, if I am there, I always try to squeeze the nards enough to hit that high note just for her. Amazing what torture you'll do for some people.

Okay, so I hope this was the right meme you were talking about Tom. I am supposed to tag 5 other people according to the rules, but as I say when it is convenient for me to say, 'Rules are meant to be Broken'. I have seen this one several times at many blogs, so I don't know who hasn't completed it yet. If you are reading this and you have a blog, consider yourself tagged. Oh!! I do want to tag a non-blog owner - STUART. Just throw it in comments so I can read what you pick. Other than that, y'all have some fun today. I am going to stay nice and cool indoors instead of being out in the 105+ heat. Damn summer has started....

PeacE

No comments: