Friday, May 18

You Miss One Day and Look What Happens ...

... Absolutely nothing. I took yesterday off as a "personal" day, as I had somethings that needed to be taken care of during normal business hours. I come into work today thinking, maybe there is some stuff that came in and I will be busy most of the day. There is nothing. Anything I expected yesterday did not arrive, so now I have to call and wait again. ::sigh::

For those of you that know about it, my BIL & family are now officially evacuated from their property in Christopher Creek. They are staying up the Mogollon Rim in the Tonto Pines area. No idea how long they may stay there, or how soon until they can get into the property again. Hopefully they can get the fire under more control and they won't lose their cabin.

Today is my oldest son's b-day, and he turns 9. The Wife and I talked this morning and we are going to celebrate the b-day tomorrow - let him pick a place for lunch, etc. With a few other things going lately, we have kind of 'spaced' his b-day, and I know the Wife is going shopping this afternoon. I suggested just giving him a dollar limit and let him pick out what he wants. I got the Scowl from that suggestion. Hell, I was picking my own presents out, plus it helps teach them the value of a dollar. And he will learn to make decisions on what he wants based on price and desire. I thought it was a good idea!

Bachelor Week may be coming up soon! Seems the weekend after Memorial Day (June 4th) the in-laws have their yearly children's camp for the week. Since MIL is not able to watch my kids, my wife takes the week off and takes the kids to camp and helps out there. That means a week at home with no kids or wife - just the dog. Except this year we are not sure yet. The campground is in Christopher Creek and the fire.... It's gotta get controlled!!!

That's all I got right now for you. I need to catch up on my reads, and see what else I can come back and write about. In the meantime, have a good Friday!

PeacE

No comments: