Tuesday, May 29

Weekend Recap

As I stated before, it wasn't that big of a weekend for me. Friday night I did the regular bar thing. Saturday the Wife let me sleep in until 11:30'ish, where we then had brunch. The daughter went to a friend's house, and the oldest son & I went shopping. We were combining my son's, nephew's, and niece's b-day celebrations into one on Monday. We got the nephew a gift card for the video game store. The niece got a gift card for some girls clothing outlet.

When the son & I went into this girl store (Justice by name) immediately my sons hands went to above his eyes and the whole 15 minutes in line, he stared at his shoes. As we were leaving, I asked him why was he looking down - weren't there some pretty girls in there. I got the glare, and he said "Dad, I was staring at my feet the whole time. I didn't see any girls." Didn't you like the frilly clothing they had there? "Dad, I wasn't looking." I told him that his age, I didn't admit I liked girls either, and soon his thoughts would change. Again I got a glare.

Sunday we were invited out to do the swimming, BBQ, and poker thing. My wife decided she did not want to go, and wasn't thrilled about me going - knowing I would be drinking. I told her that they said they had room for those that needed to stay the night, but the wife didn't really like that idea either. So I ended up not going. She instead took the kids and went to a friends house to go swimming, with confused me since she just turned down the other party. So I gave up and went to the bar to watch Nascar, and the Indy. I took a book and did some reading after the races, and made it home around 10'ish.

Monday we all slept in and then went to my sister's about 2pm. Did the swimming and BBQ thing, then went home about 8. Kids still have school a couple of days this week. Next week they will all (including the wife) be gone to camp for the week. I will be the Bachelor. I like that week of the year...I get to have all the ass-burning foods I want, without having to be told to sleep on the couch, etc. Yeah... good stuff!!

Welp, I am all caught up at my desk, and still only half the day is gone. I guess I am off to read my book. So, until next time ...

PeacE

No comments: