Friday, June 3

The Dreaded 2am Trip

I broke down and did it last night. Yesterday I had been feeling so much better - no pain, or at least bearable. Then about midnight it started in... bad. By 2am, I had had enough that, and did the drive to the closest 24 hour Walgreen's. Luckily, it is only a couple miles or so away. Did 5 minutes perusing the OraGel selections, settling upon the Maximum Strength, Longer Lasting for Night time use, with Chamomile. Of course, I get back out to the van, and it is one of them tube tops you have to cut the tip off of... and I have nothing to use, so had to wait until I got home. An Hour and a half later, there is still no relief. I am thinking this has got to be one hell of a fucked up tooth situation I got going on.

Finally about 4:30, I am beat-tired, and the pain has decreased enough that combined with as tired as I was feeling, I could get some sleep. I get up this morning, and everything feels 'almost' normal. Slight pressure pain, but nothing else. Freaking weird, right? I went to blow my nose, as my allergies were starting up to be a bad day.... and just about screamed bloody murder. My ear canal decided to stab something in that nerve ending, and through it into the jaw joint, and further into both the upper and lower nerves under my teeth on the right side. Yeah, I think the problem is now an ear infection, or similar type malady. Thus, explains the "toothache" that roams the whole of the right side, upper and bottoms; that slight facial swelling sensitive to touch in the whole jaw area on that side, and obviously, the pain when I blew my nose. Though, by now I figure it has been going on for a number of days, and since it is lessening, hopefully it is almost ran its course. Come Monday, I know I will be calling my med doc if it persists.

Feels good having a better idea what the problem may be. Especially since I was just at the dentist maybe a month ago, and everything was looking really good. Wouldn't hurt to do a dr appt anyways, to see how my BP meds are working at lowering my BP, and maybe do a blood draw to test my HDL, etc levels since last one in March. Monday I will try to get back to the gym, since no work-outs this week due to the pain. Sigh. I need my regular routine...

Weekend is here. No major plans. Maybe the Wife and I can get out and check a couple dealerships on minivans. I will be doing some research online today. Took the youngest to the Lab place to do a urine sample and a blood draw. He's 5, and did a fine job, considering the witch must have "reset" the needle about 10 times trying to get the vein. Finally he said he was feeling sick, and lost all color. We got him settled down and sipping some water, cool compress on his head, and he was looking better. The tech tells me they may not have enough blood sample for one of the tests that needs run.... but she would include a note with it, explaining why it is "borderline" on the amount needed. Afterwards, he, the Daughter and I did a brunch at Dennys. He was a brave little d00d this morning and I am proud of him!

PeacE

1 comment:

Crusty said...

If you get to a doc. You might mention TMJ. Sounds like a week in hell that I went through some years ago and a few times since. All the same stuff.
Just a thought. . .
Crusty