Thursday, June 30

Nearing the Weekend!

I'm getting ready to head out for miscellaneous running around today. Got to get my friend's truck in for the oil change, and meet another friend this afternoon. Been sorta crazy the past couple days...

My daughter has yet to move into her apartment. Originally we had said this past Monday. That got moved to Wednesday, as it supposedly wasn't ready for new tenants yet. Tuesday she called to check on it, and was told it was going to be another week. So I called the office there. The fellow we had been dealing with had been out the past couple days. No big deal, except his story didn't match the one I got from the person that I spoke with. Seems the unit she is to get STILL has tenants in it. We were lead to believe it was empty when we signed up for it all. Supposedly, the tenants are to be out today (the 30th) and by Thursday, it will be prepped/cleaned whatever in time for my daughter to move in. So, I will wait until tomorrow morning and follow up that it is empty, and that they can start on Friday to get it ready. Then call each morning and evening to check status, since this is a holiday weekend. I got a verbal guarantee it would be ready Thursday at the latest, and supposedly they are giving us the first month free (instead of half off) due to the problems of getting her in it. The daughter has been staying in town there with her boyfriend's aunt, but has to come home today for an ortho appointment, and will be staying with us for a few days, before heading back down with another load of stuff.

I guess Monday we are going to Sis' for lunch. I know the Wife wants to go somewhere to watch the fireworks show (if anywhere in town is still doing them).

About another week before I leave for OTL in San Diego. I am getting a bit anxious.

I guess that is it for now....

PeacE

No comments: