Tuesday, June 28

Feeling Beat

I remember being younger, and being able to put my body through a hellacious amount of torture, physically and mentally. I have come to realize that age has finally caught up to me, and the hells I put my body through, are becoming more and more evident. I am not just talking about my weight, though, in a weigh (heh) that is more true of most of the physical than anything....

But no, I sit her tonight, just after midnight, feeling wide awake. Granted my normal bedtime is like 9:30-10, though occasionally the 11 will come around if I have a good book I am reading. Oh yeah, and those nights at the pub when I am drinking til close - man, those nights hurt badly the whole next day now. I should be tired as all out though, today. Up at 6am, big gym workout, packing/moving, working outside in 105+ temps for several hours.... No drinking alcohol. No nap. Yet here I am wide awake, though physically, I keep yawning, and just feel beat. My arms and legs feel like lead, and muscle ache.

So I am tired. Rather, I feel tired. I don't feel like doing anything. I just want to go to sleep. But just lying there in bed, I can't seem to "get comfortable", or too much thinking going on, or ... hell, I don't know. I just can't get to where I drop off.

I was hoping writing here would help, but I don't feel any different. Sigh.

PeacE

No comments: