Thursday, June 9

Giving Up Hope - Not Really

It's Thursday. The Wife took a vacation day so is home. I got a call about 10-11 this morning, from the salesman at the dealership, that our van should be ready this afternoon. I wanted a more specific time, so inquired, prompting with "so by 2-3 this afternoon?" And of course, he says "It should be ready by then, and I will call you." It is now 4:15, and still no phone call. Reverend Mother bought her van through this place, and had nice things to say about them. I was pleased with the service we received when we were LAST SUNDAY and bought the van. We were pleased that certain things were being repaired/replaced that needed to be done prior to us 'breaking down' on the road. But this is starting to wear my tolerance thin.

The boys have VBS tonight at 6, and I think if I haven't gotten the call by then, we are going there and demanding, if nothing else, a rental car, until this van is done.

So, you'd think that this whole van situation sucks.... I can top it yet.

Edit: At 5 o'clock, I got the call that the van was ready. So now it is at home. The Wife has not stopped bringing up every little thing that she is finding wrong with it now. I told her that she should have said stuff before, but she admits she hadn't tried those things then. It's all small stuff for the most part ('book-type' light on drivers side not working, missing remote for the dvd player, etc). They spent over $2500 (their discounted prices) in getting it fixed up.... I have yet to drive it....

This morning our fridge took a shit. Quit running. Period. We knew it was on the downhill slide already, but were hoping to make it last til this fall. Nope. So, the Wife and did the trip to Lowes and bought a new one. It is supposed to be delivered tomorrow morning between 8-12, so I gotta figure when I can get to the gym and still be here when they deliver. Of course, I have the feeling I am going to be the one to switch the stuff over to the new one... bah.

Tomorrow night the family are all getting together to visit with my Uncle who is in town a couple days. Going to be carne asada on the grill, and lotsa good eating.

PeacE

No comments: