Thursday, June 23

Thirsty Thursday

Well, the Dr. appointment went VERY well! I had lost 17 pounds since last visit (early March) and he said it is the biggest loss he has seen a patient have in the past year or more. Blood was drawn, to re-check the cholesterol & triglycerides, though he felt they would have gotten to the levels they need to be at compared to the last draw (March). Blood pressure was down from 140/80 to 130/74 so that was a big improvement, though he wants to continue on the BP pills (Lisinopril) for just a few more months. Maybe by the end of the year I will be off them. Not a bad trip for once. He was happy about the changes going on.

Today, it is all about others. Here in about an hour I will be taking the daughter through the emissions process here in AZ. Not that it is difficult, or anything, just that she is so unsure as she has never been. That and taking me along means I pay for it... of course, if she paid, we'd end up putting the money back in her account anyways. But then she will be headed to Tucson. She should be moving in the apartment on Monday, but needs to be down there to get some furniture she bought on Craig's List before tomorrow. She'll be staying at her boyfriend's aunt's place, or another girlfriend down there... as far as I know, and I don't want to know more unless I have to. She'll be loading up her car after emissions and hitting the road.

Then, I need to head to the pub (go figure) and pick up my friend Ginny's spare key from the bartender. No, she didn't leave her keys, the bartender is her best friend. Then tomorrow I will be taking her truck to get the oil changed, and tires checked. When she comes back out on the 1st, and loads the U-haul to head back to NC, should be in good order. Plus I have to help another friend of her's move some furniture to his place or storage with her truck Friday, too. I think I might do little "me time" at the pub today, since the next one is busy.

PeacE

No comments: