Friday, June 24

Feeling Bitter, and Starting to Stress

My stomach is churning. You know that feeling, were it's not butterflies, but that sickly, churning that the thought of eating would make you feel nauseous. No, it's not from bad food, or like most of you think, from me drinking too much... it's from friends. 'Huh?' you think.

I mentioned my friend Ginny moving to NC. She is supposed to be flying back the 1st, loading a U-haul trailer, and driving back to NC... all by the 4th. A mutual friend was staying at her place, trying to help get everything packed, etc, but they have had a falling out, and as of today, "kicked" the friend out of her place. So, though most of the house is packed up (in many boxes) there are still a couple rooms or so that need to be packed, and the garage. I went over today, as I was to put the hitch on the truck, and take it for an oil change. I put it off until Monday. The friend was telling me "everything" she thought I should know to tell Ginny when she gets back, because as of now, she is no longer speaking to her.

Great.

So, I am the only one with the Ginny's truck key. I am now the only one with a house key. At least 2 people are supposed to be by sometime - no clue when - to get the washer/dryer, and the bedroom suite. I fortunately am friends with both, so can make arrangements with them in order for me to be there to open the door. But now I feel like it is all down to me, as a friend, to finish what everyone else has been doing, just so she can leave on time to get back to the job on time, because she supposedly can't miss any days of the training. I know there is no way all the boxes already packed, will fit in the 6xwhatever size trailer she is getting. U-haul won't let her get any size larger due to the type of truck she has.

So, I am stressing out a bit about it all. How far as a friend to I do things.... and is it proper to have to draw the line. I guess it depends on 'how good of' friends I feel we are..... sigh.

I am screwed.

PeacE

1 comment:

Reverend Mother said...

wish I had ready this yesterday - I would have offered to go over today and help pack with you. Sorry. I have to work tomorrow. Maybe Wednesday evening if you need help?