Wednesday, December 30

A Day Closer to the Eve of the Bad Year

 2020

I am sure for years to come, at least a handful, people are going to talk about this year. Like the Great Blizzard in '78 in (whatever state) stories we hear on occasion. I've been thinking about this past year the last couple of days, and trying to determine was there any good things that came from it.

I started a new job. Granted, due to quarantine it was months later than expected, but also because, it has made it possible to work from home versus driving halfway across town. Which brings us to the car. If I were traveling to/from work, it could have broken down on the freeway. I would have been in dire need of some transportation at a time we probably could not have afforded it. That's a good positive.

I was able to have more time with the boys, those that lived at home, during the year. Maybe not like "quality time", but time none the less.

As of today, I sold our old house. Though the Close of Sale doesn't happen until next year, it's a positive for us.

No one near and dear to me has passed away from Covid ... another positive.

Financially, things for us have gotten a little better. Not a lottery big winner, but still enough to let us breath a bit more easily. Positive again.

The oldest Son's car started the path to falling apart, and yesterday we were able to find a good deal on a used vehicle for him. His old car is ready for me to call Kars for Kids to donate it. Positive again.

Sure there were some negative points, but I try not to dwell on them. I went "stir crazy" quite a few times over the time at home. Days of pent-up frustration from not being able to go anywhere, or do anything out in the world. Anger at how the Government on any level, was handling the epidemic. Heck, I still have that frustration going.

Is 2021 going to be a better year? I don't know. The saying is it is what you make of it. I am sure we all want to make it be a good year, but I know, there has to be some bad things, so that you know you have good things.

Maudlin thoughts today.... Tomorrow should be interesting.

PeacE

1 comment:

Rev Mom said...

Love the positive reflections!