Wednesday, December 9

Another Day with No Work

 Monday afternoon I finished up the last "batch" of information that was the first stage of the project I am on for work. We had been told Friday, that many would be off this project, but Recruiting would re-assign to a new project, as the number of "batches" dwindles that morning. My Teal Lead had singled me out in chat, and told me they wanted to keep me on for a bit longer, for an additional step. But come Monday afternoon, that process was completed as well. They said as we transition to phase two, a few of us left would be kept on, others being re-assigned.

Well, today makes day two so far of not hearing anything. I am hoping I get to stay on the project so I can learn what the next stage is, but overall I would just want to be working. I logged into the work email and Team chat this morning, and though no emails, there was a new chat channel that I had access to for Quality Control. Only one comment was there, that it may be a couple days as they coordinated and trained a few people for the next phase. If I could see that..... must mean something. I just haven't heard anything.

Yesterday was the Wife's birthday. Much of the morning was spent with her in bed, emotionally upset and crying. not because she is older, but because she and her Mom had shared the same birthday (for reals) for all her life. This would be the 2nd one without her Mom. I did my best to do the right ting, but I just don't do well in those situations, so left her to it. The Wife was better in the afternoon, and even baked some brownies. Dinner was taken at Olive Garden. The middle Son joined us, the Older having to work a bit later. The Older Son did come by the house bearing gifts for his momma. So I got to see the two boys at least.

Our Santa Run is this Saturday. I did go out for a bit on Monday, but doubt I will be out the rest of the week due to Saturday. We had gone from an expected new record high of 18 Santas this year, and now am down to about 13. Seems the higher Covid counts had a couple drop out. A couple more from the fear of catching something, as they were going to be near, or help take care of elderly/sick parents. But we did get a 14-seater BMW party van for the night.

I think I am done with Christmas shopping. I can't think of anything else I really need to get - wait. Yes I can. Crap! Well, I will be on Amazon today looking for that one gift then. Then I will be done! We picked up some Tape the other day, so it will be wrapping time soon.


PeacE

No comments: