Wednesday, December 23

All Wrapped Up - Heh! I Wish

 The last couple days have been a bit frustrating. Monday, five hours into the workday, things came to a halt. They were going to check about a new project to switch us to, and asked us to wait 15 minutes, then go ahead and log off, but to watch our personal emails for information - what new project, and when to start it, etc. So, I waited online, doing nothing, for about a half hour, and no new information came along. I posted in chat that since it had been about 30 mins, I was going to log off and watch for an email with the info, then I logged off. And I waited. Around 3pm, my regular log off time, I decided there was no new project today, and I went out. A friend was in town for another friend's wedding, and we went to hang out for the evening. So yesterday, it was no surprise I slept in a little. Rolling out of bed near 10am, I still had not received an email about a new project. I went and logged in to the chat we use, to find out they had started the new project the afternoon before, about 3:30pm, and had me assigned to it, so I jumped into work mode and was able to still get my 8 hours in for the day. But I am a bit ticked they never contacted me about it. I would have started earlier than 10 am.

Sigh. It is what it is. 

I had planned to work my regular schedule yesterday, then start wrapping the gifts that I have gotten for others, but that didn't happen due to the above screw-up. By 6pm I was not in the mood to wrap, and instead too the Wife and Youngest out for dinner. So guess what I have on the agenda to do tonight? Not looking forward to it. I just don't wrap well. If gift bags weren't so expensive, I would use them like crazy! Or, as my brother likes to do, just leave them in the plastic bag you brought it home from the store in.... He will be teased about that for many more years!

Looks like we will be doing Christmas at the Sons' apartment this year. Still too many boxes of stuff around to get any room here. Though, as of last night the Wife had not given up yet. She spent most of the day wrapping presents (OMG!! Before 2am on Christmas Eve?!?!?!) which she NEVER has done before. I'm glad the majority of it has been done now. 

Looks like I will have a full day of work today (I hope) and tomorrow, who knows. They hinted yesterday there may be shorter available hours tomorrow, as Project and Team leaders will probably want to get home earlier to the families being the holiday Eve. Great. But maybe weekend hours will be available so I can get as much as I can done. We will see....

PeacE

Edit: So work.... sigh. I logged in ready to go this morning, and yesterday's project is done, moving to a new one, but not until 10 am - so is that three hours away? Or only one? Sigh. This company's lack of proper use of time zone information is frustrating at times. 

Second Edit: Someone was smart (finally) and put up the time zone. So now three hours of possible work time wasted, that *I* will have to find a way to make up. Sigh. I want to go back to the longer projects that we spend weeks doing.....

No comments: