Friday, December 25

Another Holiday Done With

 Ahhhh.... the Eve of Christmas, and it has finally reached it's closing hour. I say hour, because I don't think I will last much longer than that from now before I will find myself in bed fast asleep.

Overall, though a tiring day, it was filled with happiness, food, and fun. We made it to the Sons' place, and all the kids enjoyed the saran-wrapped stocking game. When asked if we should do that instead of stockings, they were excitedly saying yes. It has made the new family traditional thing to do now. The Wife had even made a small one for Doodad to undue herself, which she did with glee, mimicking the others about flinging it around trying to get the saranwrap to come undone. The Wife had another game the kids played before we settled into doing the gifts. I believe everyone really enjoyed what was received, and even I was surprised by a couple things I was given. All said, a couple nice light jackets, a new desk chair, and good food/snacks were some of the highlights I received.

Then it was a small exodus of all us driving to RM's, for yet more gifts to be given, followed by a nice ham dinner, including cole slaw (which, because I am the favorite, RM made for me), and other goodies. Followed that up with some pies - I admit I had two pieces. Much food was sent home amongst several members of our group. I got a pie, too! We have finally made it home, unloaded the vehicle, and am finally able to relax a little. I know I still need to unpack my bag of goodies, but at this point, I think it can wait. Except maybe the puzzle book I got. I want to check that out.

Yes. Truly a good day in my opinion. Spent time with all my kids, and my Doodad, and my parents. Hope yours was as good!

PeacE

No comments: