Friday, December 18

Finishing Up the Workday

 I just "got off" work about 30 minutes ago. It is so nice to be able to work eight hours between 7am-7pm M-F... take a lunch or whatever, whenever, as long as eight hours of work is done. I prefer to just work it straight, and as early as I can. Though, some days (after going to the pub with my buddies) I start a little later. I've been through three projects just this week, and from what we are told, there are several more in the pipeline to be done. At least that is some job security. I'll admit though, if I could be on a long-term type project, I would happier. This shorter ones have different protocols we have to go through, and it can get confusing between different projects. <Shrug> Will see what happens....

No major plans tonight. the Wife has started some pork loins in the oven, that she is planning to shred and make sandwiches. I'm probably going to end up playing Warcraft for a bit, then probably watch some episodes of shows I am catching up on.

Expecting the Daughter and Doodad up tomorrow. I presume they are not coming up tonight. They are doing the baking thing at RM's. I heard from the oldest Son that he plans on being out there around 3, and will probably be taking the youngest there and back. Don't know if that is the same time the Daughter was planning to be there or not. She mentioned to me last night that Doodad was a "little sniffly" and would see how she is feeling today. PT is such a whineybutt when it comes to anyone being sick even near him - family or otherwise. I do understand his fear of covid at his advanced age, but still. 

Guess I should get off to doing what ever I am going to do.

PeacE

1 comment:

Rev Mom said...

Congrats on getting all 175 books read in 2020! And plenty of time to exceed that goal! I know I am no where near that total, and forgot to even record most of what I did read. Oh well. Maybe 2021 I will do better. ;) Yeah, the daughter and Doodad are coming over same time to bake cookies. I'm so excited! That is as long as your Doodad doesn't have a fever. I told the daughter I wasn't worried and we aren't telling. LOL