Thursday, December 24

Bah, Humbug!

 Yes. I openly admit I am a Scrooge when it comes to Christmas. I hate the commercialization this holiday has become, and the 'requirements' that society expects people to do (give gifts, decorate, be of good cheer, etc). I do admit to liking any reason to get the kids all together, even if it is only for a few hours. Wish it didn't have to be a holiday to have that happen, but it is what it is.

It is Christmas Eve, and I have finished up wrapping what few presents I had amassed. I had most of the afternoon to accomplish this task, since the work project pretty much ended around 3pm. It was supposed to last a week.... that didn't happen. Add in the delays in getting on projects this week, I ended up with just under three days worth of work. Glad I don't have to live paycheck to paycheck! So presents are sitting off beside me here, waiting for the Wife to finish up whatever she needs to finish in the bedroom, and then they will get sorted into bags/boxes for what stop(s) we are doing tomorrow. Thankfully, this year we are down to two. Early afternoon we will be going to the Sons' apartment, where the Daughter's family will meet us, and do our family Christmas. Then I think it was like 5-6 in the evening will be going to RM's for Christmas with them, and dinner. I know I am going to be pretty worn out by tomorrow night, but at least there are fewer places we have to divide our time at.

No idea how I am going to entertain myself this evening. Not really in the mood for Netflix. Nor Warcraft. The middle Son is supposed to be coming by at some point tonight to help the Wife with something - I forget what. Guess I'll go find something to do rather than just sit here and stare at the screen.

PeacE

1 comment:

Rev Mom said...

Let's plan on 5PM so the brood before you are gone and I can clean things up and get dinner started. :-) Can't wait to spend time with you and the family.