Tuesday, December 29

Getting In That Last Shot

This past year is considered by many to be a bad year. For most, I am sure that 2020 bringing us the Covid-19 quarantines, and shut-downs of businesses, was the worst of it. I am sure there are others that had it worse, those that lost loved ones from illness - Covid related or not - because it seems that anytime anyone was sick, or died, it was Covid related. The Wife was tested positive for it back in April, and only spent about a week and a half at home feeling flu-like symptoms. Yes, I'm thankful. Though, in my head I still believe she just had a version of the flu, versus it truly being Covid. But the "required" preventions of self-isolation for 14 days were taken.

So talking about how it has been such a crappy year, 2020 decided to get one on me before closing out. Due to the all the "extra" eating between holiday meals, and some of the goodies I got for Christmas, yesterday I had a "sour stomach". you know the one. When you burp, they are stinky burps, giving you a heads up that you are going to have a sick tummy, and probably a case of the backyard trots. Uh-huh. I did. Bad enough that I skipped dinner out with the Daughter and family. This morning as the alarm went off and I got up for the day, I did a little self-check. Yeah, tummy feels better. Good! Went to the bathroom to empty the bladder accumulation of the night, passed some air.....and a little more. Yeah, I crapped my pants. Though I feel better, there is evidently some remaining issues to resolve...so maybe some Immodium AD this morning. I would say Pepto, but that always makes me throw up.

Now, got a clean change on, and waiting at the computer for some work. I did receive an email from the employer around midday yesterday. Basically, it said the project I was on is now finished (really?) and they have several new projects starting this week and next. Be sure to let Recruiting now your availability status. So I sent off an email to them, letting them know I am ready and waiting. Then sat there pretty much all day, waiting for nothing. This morning I still sit here and wait. If nothing comes in by noon, I'm calling the Son early and we will go look at cars.

Which is what I am spending my morning doing. I found a location of a used car sales place, and am going through the car inventory to see if we should even stop at the location nearest us. At least see what they have. Hopefully it will narrow the hunt down. If I can get out early enough, we should be able to get it all taken care of today as well. Getting to the bank for the cashiers check will be the timely thing, as they have been closing early since last spring.

The BIL and Sis are taking a look at the old house this morning, since I gave them a chance to do the last counter for the sale. I don't think they can match what the first offer was, and in ways I hope they don't. Then again, they may feel because I am family they "have to" and then will have eat any profit they could make. I don't care. I'm going with who gives me the most. We aren't hiding any of the facts about as-is and fixer-upper needs that the house shows. What's that saying... caveat emptor, I think?

Well, nothing to ramble on about this morning so I shall get back to looking at cars.

PeacE

No comments: