Sunday, December 6

Sunday-Not-So-Much-Fun-Day

 Oh, I am feeling the pain of the Commercial Holiday! Not just in the pocketbook, but in my back and legs. Yesterday. the Wife and I went out to try to finish up the shopping for gifts. At least, I was shopping for the remainder of the ones I was "in charge" of getting. I did pretty much get them all, except for one gift for the Wife. It is hard to buy for her, let alone when she is with me. We started at Wallymort where I knew one specific item could be gotten at a good cost. While there, found a few items for the older Sons' apartment, an item for the youngest, something for the RM, and even picked up the basic zip-up hoodie for me. I know, you're not supposed to buy for yourself, but I truly needed it. I used to have this nice lined flannel, but it was lost when they totaled out the car I got rear-ended in about a year + ago. I have a winter jacket, but it is for colder weather, and is a nice one I just don't to use everyday. I found a basic Fruit of the Loom for $10...and in my size even! It's not often I find clothing in my size and the standard box stores!

After there, we went to Fry's Grocery, for the gift cards. The 2x fuel points is nice when I get these all at once. I saw they now have Little Ceasar's Pizza cards, so will have to come back to stock up on them sometime. We eat from there often enough getting the fuel points would be an added bonus. I was going to buy a bottle of Crown Royal as well, so I would have the purple bag it comes in to use for the Santa Run (to hold candy canes, etc) but for some reason, they were out of it at this store. I figured there were enough people like me was the reason. Rather drink through the holiday versus celebrate it. I kept it limited to a small number of cards, and modest amounts applied to them.

I'm really starting to get hungry by this point, as I had skipped lunch. It had to be about 2pm. Next on the list was the 99cent store. It is never good to go there when you are hungry. Ended up getting a full cart of things, mostly food items, though I forced myself to limit the number of Snacky foods I picked out. Of course the Wife picked up several items for the Stocking Ball we started last year. It's a fun (and cheaper) way to do the stockings now that the kids are all older. Basically you take a roll of plastic wrap and start wrapping it in a ball, add in treats, small prizes - whatever fits. Last years was a bit bigger than a basketball when done. The kids rolled a die to find out who started, and one starts "unwrapping" the ball, being able to keep each item as it falls out. While he is doing this, the next in line is rolling dice to get a pair of 'snake eyes', which the person unwrapping has to stop. It gets to be humorous to watch (for Mom and I) and the kids really love it. In fact, I had to ask the youngest (playing on the computer next to mine) what the procedure was for the "game". He got excited about it. Anyway, there were some more items for under the "tree" gotten there as well. I didn't make it through check-out. My back was bothering me, and the Wife was kind enough to tell me to go sit in the van and she would finish up. She's too good to me!

It's after 3pm by this point. I'm tired. I'm hungry. I'm thirsty. I groan thinking we still have to carry all of this into the house yet. But one last stop to be made. Quik Trip. I had brought my refill mug - 52 ounces of drink. Then I grabbed a couple roller hot dogs, some cigarettes, and out the door on the way home we were. Managed to unload it all in three trips, thanks to loading up the bags along the arms like 10 at a time. Thankfully none were over loaded or too heavy.

I checked with the Wife about how easy accessible the wrapping paper would be in the storage room, and we should get some out so I could start wrapping on Sunday. As I was waking up, and groaning, I realized we forgot an important item yesterday - tape. I will see if the Wife will run out and pick a few dispensers of it at the drug store. A little more expensive than say Big Lotsa, but at least has more than 6 pieces per roll.... and sticks better. then maybe I can get some wrapping done. The packages I ordered are starting to fill up the footwell of my desk, not leaving me much room.

So, barring one gift I need to get yet, I believe I am done shopping for the holiday. A nice feeling. Usually it goes until near the end of shopping ability to get it done. I'm happy it is done.

PeacE

No comments: