Monday, December 14

Yea! Go Work!

 I made it through the (mostly) boring meeting that lasted an hour, prior to being able to start working. I was all set to get in and start, having had no issues with logging in remotely to the software, Teams, and other programs I need. There were about 10 though, that couldn't get in the essential program we HAVE to use; another couple of users that couldn't get into the Remote Desktop the company uses; and about five of us that could access everything - except the work files for the project. Forty-five mins later they tell us all to log off and come back in an hour. I waited thirty mins and came back online. Everything was now working properly for me, so I started back in. After another thirty minutes, when others started to come back, many were till having issues on different levels. I simply said to my team lead, that I had access to everything, should I stop since they again told us to log off for another hour, or should I keep working? A resounding YES! was all I needed to hear. Besides that, having to start so late in the day makes it so much harder to get in that required 8 hours/day (I finished up tonight at 5:30, versus my usual 3pm).

Either way, at least I am able to work, and not have to wait on on technical issues, or bad log-in information. This project is pretty simple, similar to what I worked on Friday, and is supposed to last until approximately the 23rd. They said there is just over 11,000 documents to go through, so for now I have plenty to keep me going through Christmas.

Speaking of Christmas I bought myself a couple early presents. I should wrap them for myself and say they are from the kids, or the Wife, but probably not going to do so. I picked up season 2 & 3 of "Yellowstone" (I'd already watched season 1, and half of 2) and already started watching the rest of season 2. Season 3 was just released this last week, so I lucked out on that one. I'll probably be into that one before mid-week. Season 4 is on television now (cable channel - that I don't get) so will find somewhere to watch it I am sure when I am ready.

Welp, I figured I would get this post out early for tomorrow, as I return to my 7-3 shift with work.

PeacE

No comments: