Thursday, December 31

At the End of the Day ....

 Today I am sure many are just trying to get through it. Some of us have to work, and even may get off early. Others are on vacation still. Others are out of work due to business closures, or other reasons. Some are just looking forward for a chance to get stupid drunk tonight. Myself? I am working. Finally a project got started and I will be working not only today, but tomorrow as well. I have no problems working tomorrow since I work from home, and I would probably be doing nothing of importance anyways.

Today, and tomorrow, many people are going to be thinking about resolutions for the new year. I have posted about them before - probably almost every year - but the past several I gave up o making any. RM mentioned around Christmas that I "had a phrase" I would use in regards to resolutions, but I could not think of what it was, and couldn't find it in previous posts about this time of year. Either way, I truly believe that resolutions are nothing more than wishful fantasies and fantastical lies we try to convince ourselves to make ourselves better. I am sure it works for some people. I guess it is in how "big" you wish for. I won't be making any resolutions.

For the first time in many years, my family is going out tonight. We are getting together with a small group of friends (of mine) and even the youngest Son will have someone close in age to hang out with. Yeah, I'll probably have a few drinks, as the Wife will be able to drive home. It won't be tremendously late after midnight, as I do have to work tomorrow.

Tomorrow starts a new year. I have seen memes stating to say it this way - 2020 won - but by making to tomorrow, evidently it didn't.

I need to get ready to get working. Enjoy your day. See you next year.

PeacE

No comments: