Sunday, December 20

Waiting on a Woman

 Today's post title is a song title as well. A song sung by Brad Paisley, a country/Western singer, that has quite a few songs out that I enjoy. Some are humorous songs, and others are serious. This one is a little of both. I particularly like the video that was done for this song as it portrays Brad as the young man, and Andy Griffith as the older gentleman. I'll try to post the video at the end.

But there I was yesterday, just waiting on a woman. A young woman, about three years old. I was hoping that the Daughter and Doodad would show up prior to going to RM's house for Christmas baking, but that didn't happen. The oldest Son showed up close to 3pm to pick up the youngest, and get directions. Then it was just the Wife and I until about 10pm. I don't know when they finished the "Baking with Grandma" night, but it was late (to me) when they got back to our house.

I guess there was some driving around looking at Christmas lights involved (I heard). I wasn't angry, just tired, as I was up past my bedtime a little. I had been fighting falling asleep the last hour or so. But I finally got to see my Doodad! Of course, she was being the silly little girl she is and wouldn't give me loves. I finally got a hug from her after the Wife had seen I was going to bed (they were still here in the other room talking). They are heading back home today sometime, so I am hoping to see them for a bit today prior to their departure. Will hope to find out their plans for Christmas, so we can make plans accordingly.

Christmas is this week. That means it is going to be a week of crap. I need to work at least the four days before. No biggee. Need to wrap this week. Figure what I am going to do for that last present for the Wife. Fun. Anyways, here's that video..... RM make sure you watch and listen!




PeacE

1 comment:

Rev Mom said...

Oh My Goodness! I loved that song - brought me to tears! AND, your little Doodad is worth waiting for! Thank you for sharing her - she was so much fun and I loved watching her uncles teach her how to make the Christmas mice and how to roll the cookies. So very cool. Next year you can come and watch too! :-) Loved that they came up to make cookies; it means more than they will ever know.