Tuesday, January 30

Countdown to EOM - 1 more day left

Whoo! Wait a busy day so far! God, I love being back in my old position! In 2 weeks I have closed a possible 4 loans - which is half of what the other 2 processors have completed for a whole month! Dman, I like it when I am good!

Here's today's linkage to funny: Tuesday Funny Pic

Freddie was posting today about smells from her younger years, and that got me to thinking about my growing up days. I know from my birth through 12 years I had a variety of animals either I raised or were being raised by the family. My sister and I both had horses (hers white, mine brown) named Sugar and Spice, respectively. I personally don't remember them as I was pretty small (HA! Me using that word to describe my size), but Grandpa had some old fmaily movies on 8mm that shows me riding the horse and Dad hanging on beside me. Then there was the hog we had penned int he backyard. He didn't last long, and to this day I wonder if Dad just got rid of him, or had him butchered up. I know we used that same pen for our large dog we got sometime after that, named Pumpkin. He was some sort of hound, but I never knew what kind. He eventually was sold to someone that lived over 50 miles away, and 2 days later showed back up at the front door as we were leaving. Dad had to drive back out with him to the new owner's place. I remember he weren't to happy 'bout that deal.

I started raising rabbits for 4-H when I was about 9. Plus we had a few mixed breeds Dad & used to butcher in the late fall. Nothing like a good rabbit stew on snow days from school! After we moved from there "into the city" just the step-mom's damn chihuahua named Marybell. Nastiest little f'ing dog I ever met. Dad and I always called her Turtlebait behind my SM's back. I swear, that dog couldn't get any fatter, as her belly already rubbed the ground 2 inches across her chest. Wouldn't let anyone near my SM - not even dad. Sounds bad, but I was glad the day they had to put her to sleep...

But we were talking of animals and smells. Nothing like the smell of a good pig farm that always reminds me of home. The teasing the kids in the car "Who farted?" and the laughs as everyone blames everyone else. Or the better times when someone is able to squeeze one out, loud, whilst we're funnin' around. Makes me think of roadtrips we did to my grandparents up in Elkhart, IN, and playing 'Zap 'Em' with horses. How many of you remember that game? Count your zaps, and hope no one sees a cemetary and shouts "Bury 'Em!" before you do, and lose your points. Heh, I was never good at that one. Nor "Road Alphabet". That's why I usually read if I could.

So there ya go. A little of my past to bore yourself and help you sleep. Good news for those of you interested is I have the results from the Dr. on my younget's heart. There is a slight muscle tension near one of the valves in his heart, but is nothing abnormal. The heart murmur may appear over the next several well-check-ups, but will eventually disappear. All that damn worrying for nothing, and extra medical bills too. Gotta luv it. Alright, enuff of me already. Y'all have a good one, and we'll catch up wit' ya menana.

PeacE

No comments: