Friday, January 5

Last night whilst I was out ...

How many of you out there, my esteemed readers, that know what “Chapstick” is? I am not talking about the physical make-up of chemicals, etc. but what it is… basically a product applied to the lips to prevent chapping of the lips, usually in cold weather, but can be used year round. I use it here in AZ during the summer, as I tend to lick my lips a lot in the heat, and being in and out of pools, helps keep sunburn off too. Nothing feels wonderful like sunburned, chapped lips – ouch!

Well, I speak for myself, but I am sure a few of you can relate, that when we were younger and chapstick came in like 2, maybe three flavors. I remember regular (no flavor) and cherry. Over the years they have gone on to flavors I can sometimes only imagine, but include chocolate, all the berries, bubblegum, fruits, candies, and the list goes on and on I am sure.

There is a purpose to my madness of bringing up the subject of Chapstick.

Last night as I was in my local hangout, reading my book, a girl friend had come in to see me. She had been out of town for the holidays, and was meeting one of her friends there as well. Due to time limitations, and schedules, they had not exchanged Christmas gifts and were doing so last night. Her friend also has a 13 year old son, whom my friend had given a basket filled with chocolate candies and a tube of chapstick. After her friend had headed home, she and I were talking when she got a phone call from her friend. Seems the son had been eating some of the candies, and opened the chapstick. Thinking it was another kind of candy, he had taken a bite of it and was chewing it. He had came out to his mother, and asked her “Mom, it says here that I am not to chew or swallow this stuff. Will I need to go to the hospital for poisoning?”

My friend told me this and I just had to laugh. I mean, he’s 13 years old, and apparently had no idea what chapstick was about. I asked my friend what kind had she given him, and she had mentioned she did not know. She had found a good deal at the Dollar Store, and had picked up several different flavors. I can imagine it being bubble gum flavor – LOL!

Anyways, I just had to share that little story. I still am snickering a bit about it. Y’all have a good Friday, and hopefully, mine will end good too.

PeacE

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

See you this evening???? "Loverboy" will be there:~)

sailynnaz

Anonymous said...

Oh yes I remember the Cherry Chapstick...it was my favorite. Then I became a teenager and discovered lip gloss, bye bye chapstick.

That was a hilarious story by the way. I bet there has been many a kid who has eaten that stuff, especially with all the new flavors.

Anonymous said...

I found out it was exteme blow pop.

Anonymous said...

We had grape and cherry...

Anonymous said...

.... dude.. you need to take this situation in hand.... Chapstick us a global menace!....

Groanin' Jock said...

Reminds me of a friend who used to eat Pot Pourri because he liked the smell and texture - now THAT is strange!

Ralphd00d said...

Eating pot pourri ... now THAT is weird...