Thursday, January 11

Update on my son's heart murmur

For those of you interested (like Reverend Mother, whom I should update her by phone instead of waiting for her to read this) My youngest son (the 10 1/2 month old) went in for his heart doctor appointment today. Seems his regular pediatrician last onth said he had a heart murmur. Well, the Wife just called and updated me, so if it sounds weird here, it prolly is since the Wife is the medical person, and I am just trying to grasp the layman terms of it all.

Bottom line is the doc said he heard a bit that sounded like what he calls an "innocent murmur". This is the type that may persist for years, or clear up on its own in time - sort of like I had when I was a kid I guess. However, (they always seem to throw this in there), it didn't 'quite sound like' and "innocent murmur", so they are going to run some machine on him. I forget the name, but it basically is an ultrasound device so they can see if there is anything abnormal that we should be concerned about. That is to be scheduled for the 25th of this month. Amazing how if it is not immediately life-threatening, it takes days, and sometimes weeks to get in for an appointment.

So, now we sit and wait until then to find out if it is something to worry about. And it all started like the beginning of December.... Oh well. Boy is starting to walk a little, and is just so full of energy, I am sure nothing is wrong. He's good at irritating his brothers and sister... heck even me at times. Good kid!

I am off to call the Reverend Mother so she is not surprised when she reads about it here.

PeacE

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fingers are crossed, and good thoughts thunk for you and yours...

Anonymous said...

He's still in my prayers.

Ralphd00d said...

Thanks to ya both, and those that follow.

Anonymous said...

positive thoughts and prayers at this end too.

Erin O'Brien said...

Godspeed.