Wednesday, January 3

... and still the torture lingers, for how long ....?

Another half day I have made it without a smoke. I lasted only a short while at the bar last night, before I had to leave. At least I was able to get down a few drinks before that happened!

Responses are still coming in (at least 1 today so far) on my survey. I guess I need to be a bit more original in an idea to survey something...like how many use vasaline for sex; on the doorhandle to keep the kids out? Or something like, when ladies shave their legs, do they use short strokes against the grain, or long strokes with the grain? You know, something more thought provoking then where are you located.... Yes, must think more originally.

So, a bit over half the workday is over and once again I am looking forward to heading to the bar for a game of golf tonight. Be my luck I won;t get out of here til late and by the time I make the pub, the buds will be finishing off their drinks and headed home ... and it only being 6'ish. Damn old farts!

Speaking of old farts, I don't think I mentioned that the Reverend Mother helped replace the wonderful sharpened piece of steel I carried around all the time. As poste dpreviously, I had to toss my Dale Jr pocket lockblade, since I was not careful enough to check all my pockets when I had to go to court for a ticket. Well, the Mother brought over NYD a knife that replaces it. Not a bad little deal as it has several additional attachments. In fact I noticed last night I have 2 others just like it. So now I can keep a blade in every room in case I need it to defend myself. Never know when I will need to "cut the cheese" - That's funny I don't care what ya say. ANd yes, Mother, I posted this specifically for you. Sometimes I wonder why she reads here....

Once again I am out of books. Just prior to Xmas, my reading buddy had handed off 3 books to me. One I had read before, the other two I finished last night. At a loss for what to do during lunch today, I came across an Stephen King collection I had not read in while and am re-reading it..." Everything's Eventual". Sucks though when you get halfway through a story and go - 'Oh yeah, this is how it ends'. But it will have to make due until I can figure out what to do. I think I need to go to library and pay my fine and get some books. That, and the Daughter needs to finsh "Eldest" for me to read...though I still have to wait for the third book to be published. The associate that sits next to me at work gave me a book that is self-help in the banking industry. Yee haw. Yeah, I am jumping head over heels to read that one.

Well, this has been a longer post than normal. I am heading out to cruise some sites I haven't been to in awhile. Y'all enjoy and clean up after yourselves.

PeacE

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just finished reading Stephen King's "Cell" it was actually pretty good. I love to read, but the trouble is I read things so fast it's hard for me to stay in reading material. Thank God for libraries!

Ralphd00d said...

I finished that one about a week ago. I didn't like the ending... and I understand about going through books fast!

Anonymous said...

well, you didn't need to put that in for me... I much rather read the surprise ones where you are surprised at something (sandals). so, I guess you don't need any more knives.... but I wanted to get that for you.... just because.
Love you, son.
mom