Monday, January 15

Mr. Excitement is here!

Boiy, oh boy, are you readers in for a long post today. Seems I have a few days to catch up on that have held some unbelievable excitement, action, love, and adventure like my life does not need on an everday basis. Let us have you read, and see, then decide if a man of my caliber should be exposed to this much .... energy? emotion? shit?

Friday was a typical Friday. Went out to the one pub where most of us softball guys meet up and drink. I wasn't out too terribly late, as I was trying to appease the Wife some. Saturday started off nice. I got my regular sleeping in til 10 done, and after lunch took the family out to see "Eragon", then took them out to dinner. Was a very nice afternoon being spent together as family. The kids even behaved very well. Since it was early yet, I went out and had some reading time at my hangout, Jimbo's.

Sunday started the usual way. Wife woke me up once the alram went off at 7:30, then I was off to the Church of Holy Beer and Softball. It was a bit chilly for Arizona, as local temps the night beofre had dropped as low as 28 degrees. I know that isn't much for alot of you, but realize we are a desert state not used to that type of weather. So I am in a nice windbreaker, watching my team lose their double header, and then watching a couple other teams after that. Friends of one of our teamates broughttheir grill up and we had brats and burgers and chips to go along with the beer (we had to do a 2nd beer run at 10 once the allow the sale of it on Sundays).

About 1'ish I felt like going. I was meeting a couple of my friends up at the pub to play some video golf. They had left earlier in order to fix a copper pipe that had busted on one's house. It came off his solar unit, and the cold snap had split it. Lucky for him it was ON the roof. So I am up having my first round of drinks, reading a good book, when I get a phone call from the Wife. She is frantic an I have to tell her to calm down and tell me what's going on. She said she had just got home from church with the kids, and walked into about 2 inches of water in the kitchen, halll and also had spread into both kids rooms, the family room, and the living room carpets. Dripping was coming from the hallway ceiling, down into the walls... she was crazy! I tried to explain to her where the Gate valve was, to no use. I rucshed out the bar, and was home in like 7 minutes, shut off the valve, and walked in. It was bad. All the drywall ceiling of the hallway was going to have to come out, plus the walls on both sides, and part of the hall bath and doorway. I started calling plumbers, and out of 12 calls, only 2 would take my number and try to give me an ETA when they would be by, buy they had no idea for sure.

The Wife called a friend of her family, who happened to be a plumber, and he saved our day! He came out, and found the leak (and elbow joint in a water line above the ceiling). Had it all fixed in about 30 minutes, and only cost me $140. Alot cheaper than a regular plumber would have charged. SO now I need to fix the ventalation system (it is just rusted thru all over) and then the drywall over those areas. Plus we have been wet/dry vac'ing the carpet areas in hope they won't get modly later on. I left home as I was just beat, and stressed and met my buddies up at the abr as they were still there. There we finished watching the SD and NE game and they went home. I figured I would try to relax and do some more reading.

Must have been around about 8 when the fight broke out. A guy had just introduced himself to me, and asked if he could sit at the multi-chair table I was at. Of course he could, I ain't stingy. Less than 2 minutes later, I still had picked my book up, than he and another guy start swinging, and were down on the floor. I had done enough breaking up of fights years ago when I used to host karaoke, and helped bounce the bar. I usually let the other people do it. So I sat there watching the punch and wrestle. A few people had slowly started getting them apart and pn their feet, when they broke out into it again, and bumped into my table, directly across from me.

Now like I said, I usually just watch these things (unless my buds are involved), but this 'Effer had hit may table and spilt my fresh glass of Jack. In two steps I am around the table, and grab the guy who had intro'ed to me just a scant moment ago, into a full nelson and pull him up and away from everyone, and started walking towards the back door. He had blood all over his face, and looked like he got it bad. I let him go to the restroom, and the blood was coming from a half-inch cut on his forehead, plus the broker nose he had just gotten. The owner of the place, Randy by name, asked me to get him out the back door, and not let him back in. Since I was the only "big guy" at the moment, I agreed to help, and proceeded tagging along behind him as he went around the building to get in the front. Between myself and another regular there, we talked him into going home. I went in and had to watch the arms of the blood I had gotten on me. I told Randy that he owed me a new shirt ( I was wearing that particular bar shirt from that place). He said no problem. Then the waitress comes over ( and I hate receiving compliments when I don't feel I deserve em) and proceeds to tell me how she never thought a guy as heavy as I am could be strong enough to do what I did. What did I do? I asked, and she said I literally picked up this guy, from him on the floor, and turned around and carried him to the bathroom. I said I didn't , and she says yes, and she's got witnesses, and was so thankful I was there and helped them out, bla bla blah.... By the time I got home that night, I was toast. I mean, from the adrenaline rush, I would not have been surprised if I picked that effer up and did what she said. This morning, I am doing good to walk - feel like I almost twisted my knee out, and my arms/shoulders just feel VERY overworked.

Now it is Monday, and since it is MLK day (the fuckingest dumbest holiday to award off for people) we are trying to get out of the office an hour early. No one has been open for mortgages except us I thnk today. Good thing is I got my first paycheck! And even better, I am no longer a loan officer!!!! I have offically been posted back to processing, which is what I was hoping would happen some day around here, never expecting it this soon!!!

So, what do you think? Action! Adventure! Family drama! Family Time! This damn weekend seemed to be chockfull of it. I am ready to work the next 3 days, then off to Rocky Point this Friday thru Sunday. Hope you all enjoyed today's post. I think I will consider it the Wednesday Story, even though it isn't Wednesday... wait til my friends hear about that fight....

PeacE

No comments: