Tuesday, January 23

My Mexico Trip - part II

Saturday started off pretty much the same as Friday. I was up fairly early - but I have no idea as to what time. Seems only like 1 or 2 guys wore watches to know the time. Rest of us didn't have them, and/or had shut off the cell phones for lack of service anyways. Doesn't matter in Mexico when you are on vacation! I figured I was up by 7:30'ish, and started the drinking where we left off. Once everyone was awake, we went to breakfast at JR's. This was my second trip to this restaurant, and I knew they had good food. I ordered up a ribeye steak with eggs and potatoes, then a country style omelette of sausage, peppers and potatoes, all covered with gravy. I ate heartily as I knew I probably would not see much food throughout the remainder of the day.

Back to the condo we go and start up the Doubles Tournament - double elimination, which again I didnot partkae of... there were 11 guys total, so I dropped. (Note: at this point my notes are very hard to read, and there is not much of them. I figured I was so drunk I couldn't hardly keep notes. So most of this is by memory)

The race for being the best was very competitive, though no blood was drawn this round. Again I showed my intelligence and luck by losing $10 on the damn game. The previous "Reigning Champs" came back from the Loser bracket to win the championship! Champions won a $10 pot as everyone had pitched in a buck. My $10 was from my damn pocket.

Honorable Mentions:
Second time Reigning Champs - Don & RedHead
Closest Score 16-10 - Bill & Jimmy (W) Beau & Jim (L)
Worst Score 16-4 - Bill & Jimmy (W) Don & RedHead (L)

Saturday night was spent out at the local hangouts for us. I finished off the second bottle once we got home. I remember at least laying down to sleep on the couch this time, but was awakened early by Jimmy and Crew getting ready to leave early (pre dawn). From there on I cat-napped until most everyone was up. The rest of the morning I spent reading while several went to breakfast. Then it was clean up and head out. As we left Rocky Point, it began to rain, which continued I presume, most of the way home. I know it was snowing when we reached Beau's. I was home by 5:30 and pretty much ready for bed. Of course, that rolled over into Monday morning as I had that busy day at work.

So that was my trip. Of course, there was many things said I can't relate on here... man-code and all, but it was a great trip to get out of town. And I spent less than $250 spending money!

PeacE

No comments: